Tomorrow night

Original Song Lyric ©Ruchira Mandal

Tomorrow night if the dreams come along
I shall catch them all and spin up a song.
And there’ll be no more pain and no more brine.
No scars, nor taste of sour wine.
Sweet Lady Death, give me tomorrow night,
I swear to you I’ll make things all right.


The sands are slipping, give me a little while
The stars are dipping and I don’t wanna die.
Give me a month, a week, a day,
I’m yet to build my castle of clay.
Let the clock stop ticking, let the flame be bright,
A few more tries and I'll make things right.


Tomorrow night I’ll catch the train,
Retrace my steps or begin again.
I’ll pay my debts give me another chance-
I had never flown or learnt to dance.
A year, a month or just one more night
Give me tomorrow night to make things all right.


Tomorrow night I’ll call them back-
The unsaid words that have gone off-track
And broken hearts shall waste no more
When love returns from Lethe’s shore.
Sweet Lady Death, give me tomorrow night,
I swear to you I’ll make things all right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfumes and Lipsticks -friday fiction flash

Meera

New Connections: Social Networking and Writers’ Groups